Biotia, Inc. (collectively “Biotia”, “we”, “us” or “our”), is a life sciences company that is committed to protecting and respecting your (“your” or “you”) privacy and personal information, meaning any information about you which is personally identifiable (“Personal Information”), that we may collect from or which you may submit to or through www.biotia.io or other Biotia websites that directly link to this privacy statement (the “Website”).
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your Personal Information and how we will treat it.
Collecting Your Personal Information Directly from You
We may collect and process Personal Information about you. See, for example, the following representative types of data collection we may conduct:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website, such as your personal details (e.g., your name, date of birth, etc.) or contact details (e.g., telephone number, email address, postal address, etc.). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the registration-only sections of the Website.
- If you contact us in writing, by email, or other electronic means, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Where required by law, we may ask for your explicit consent to collect information considered to be sensitive Personal Information (such as health information). You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the details below.
- We do not ask you to provide personal health care information to us through our general website. We obtain personally identifying health information about you only if you voluntarily choose to consent and authorize disclosure to Biotia.
- Biotia webpages and programs may give users the option to make electronic payment for services. Information from these payment links is not tracked or recorded but may be transmitted to independent third parties for payment processing.
- We may be required by law to collect certain Personal Information about you or as a consequence of any contractual relationship we have with you. Failure to provide this information may prevent or delay the fulfillment of these obligations.
- How We Will Use Your Personal Information
- We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes, which are in our legitimate interests:
- We may analyze your Personal Information to gain a greater understanding of your needs and how we can improve our websites, products, and services. For instance, we may use your information to verify that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device or to allow you to participate in the registration-only features of the Website when you choose to do so.
- We may use your Personal Information to communicate to you about new services and products that may interest you. When you register online for one of our services, you may be given the option of receiving periodic informational/promotional mail or email from Biotia. You choose whether or not to receive correspondence when you provide this information or by changing your preferences within your registration profile or by following the instructions provided in the email at any time. Biotia may utilize email marketing software as a third-party service to manage certain email communications.
- We may use your Personal Information to provide you with the services and products you request, to assist with your questions about our services, billing, or payment methods, and to process or collect payments made in connection with our services to you.
- We may use your Personal Information to respond to subsequent requests you may make of us.
- We may use any of the categories of your Personal Information to exercise our legal rights where it is necessary to do so. For example, to detect, prevent, and respond to fraud claims, intellectual property infringement claims, or violations of law or the contract.
- We may use your Personal Information for the conduct of research or similar purposes, on either an identifiable or anonymized basis, where you have granted authorization for us to use your information for such purposes, or where otherwise permitted by law.
- If you do not want us to use your Personal Information in this way, please contact us at the details below.
Worldwide Transfer of Your Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country other than the United States. We have put in place appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements so that your Personal Information is adequately protected. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place, please contact us at the details below.
Biotia reserves the right to share Personal Information in response to duly authorized information requests of any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority, or other third parties where we believe such disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
We also may share aggregated, non-personal information with unaffiliated third parties. This aggregate information does not contain any personally identifiable information about our users.
Information Security and Storage
We reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of this Website. We also reserve the right to take any action to prevent the unauthorized use of our intellectual property rights.
We may cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of or locate anyone for the prevention or detection of crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders. There may be other circumstances in which we may be required by law to disclose information about you or your use of this Website. You waive and hold us harmless from any claims resulting from such disclosures and from any actions taken as a consequence of investigations by either us or law enforcement authorities.
The Safety and Security of Your Personal Information Also Depends on You
If you choose or are given a user identification code, password, or any other information as part of our security procedures for one of the registration-only sections of the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and username for the Website, and you are responsible for all activities that are carried out under them.
Please be aware that while we take appropriate steps to safeguard the security of your Personal Information, the transmission of information over the Internet cannot be considered completely secure, and, therefore, you do this at your own risk. Once we receive your Personal Information, we will implement strict security procedures with the objective of preventing unauthorized access.
Financial information and payment data that you provide to us via the Biotia internet bill payment link, including credit card numbers, are encrypted with a secure socket layer (SSL) encryption technology. This information may be accessed only by Biotia agents and employees who maintain password and position-required access rights, and third-party vendors who support Biotia’s billing operations.
We implement technical and organizational measures to maintain a level of security appropriate to the risk to the Personal Information we process. These measures are aimed at maintaining the on-going integrity and confidentiality of Personal Information. We evaluate these measures on a regular basis.
We will retain your Personal Information in accordance with our record retention policy, as updated from time to time, and as long as we have a relationship with you. To request that your Personal Information be deleted from our databases, please see below for more information.
Biotia tracks visitors to our Website by collecting data elements called cookies. Cookies collected from the Biotia Website are used to (1) enable certain functions and tools on this Website, (2) assist in the navigation of the Website, (3) track resources and data used on this site, (4) promote Biotia’s products and services, and (5) remember computer settings. Biotia also collects other forms of non-personal information, such as browsers used to access our Website, search terms used to find the Website, and traffic referrals and links to our Website. Cookies are not permanently maintained within our tracking system. You may prevent your computer from accepting cookies by modifying the properties on your web browser; however, stopping your computer from accepting cookies may limit your web browser’s functionality on the Biotia Website.
As a convenience to our site visitors, the Biotia Website may contain links to a number of sites that may provide useful information. Links contained on the Biotia Website that transfer you to a non-Biotia site are not maintained by Biotia and may contain different information and/or different privacy policies from us. You may review the privacy policies of these websites and/or receive specific information regarding that site’s privacy policies and procedures after leaving the Biotia site. Biotia is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any non-Biotia website. Biotia does not control, or have any input into, whether our business partners or internet-linked sites, use or accept cookies on their sites.
Updates and Changes
You should be aware that this Website is not intended for, or designed to attract, individuals under the age of 18.
Your Rights over Your Personal Information
You have certain rights regarding your Personal Information, subject to local law. These include the following rights to:
- access your Personal Information;
- amend the information we hold about you;
- erase your Personal Information;
- restrict our use of your Personal Information;
- object to our use of your Personal Information;
- receive your Personal Information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability); and
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority if one exists in your country.
- We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your Personal Information if it changes or if the Personal Information we hold about you is inaccurate. Please note that we will likely require additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
- Please note that should you request that your Personal Information be deleted, you may continue to receive materials for a short period while we are updating our lists. Your records will then be permanently deleted from our systems
- How to Contact Us
- Biotia is based in the US and responsible for Personal Information that it collects and processes.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the way in which your personal information is used, please contact us via mail at 140 58th Street, Building A Suite 8J, Brooklyn, NY 11220 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective Date of Notice: May 13, 2022